Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rein in oil barons

I condemn the damages done to the country by Opposition parties after the decision to hike petrol prices was announced. Widespread protests and a day long hartal in Kerala have brought huge loss to the exchequer. However, I must say that I am even more shocked by the manner in which our leaders seem to have colluded with the oil companies.

Moreover, I find arguments on the lines of how oil companies are actually running at a loss rather unbelievable. In my opinion, an immediate austerity check should be implemented on oil companies and their permission given to hike petroleum prices intermittently should be withdrawn immediately. Oil barons should not be permitted to ‘pour oil on fire’ when ordinary people are working hard to make both ends meet.

K A Solaman, Kerala
The Pioneer Daily, New Delhi, 19 Sept 2011

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alappuzha, Kerala, India
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive