Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 22, 2010

Kodiyeri cosseted Kerala mundu culture.

It was my experience once in a KSRTC bus that my friend was being humiliated with Kerala Mundu culture. I and my friend are tutorial college lecturers then and every day we used to return home in the same KSRTC bus from Cherthala. Along with us there were dozens of tutorial college students, many of them are our students, and the bus was fully packed letting none to move a little inside the bus. We often dismount at Vayalar junction and it was very difficult for us to get out of the bus without avoiding reproach of fellow passengers. Once we just went out off the bus one of our students, most them are gentle and obedient because of holding 2-3 SSLC books, asked us: “Sir, take your mundu also”. Later it was a talk in our tutorial college and since then I keep no special attention in Kerala mundu culture.

This incident came to my mind after seeing the recent paragliding of Kerala Tourism Minister Kodiyeri. Though he was tightly tied round with all the rope available on the glide his mundu was in awkward position. Though Kodiyeri’s act exalted the mundu culture of Kerala, true to say mundu is unsuited for paragliding and I think, all people who witnessed the event would endorse my finding.

Possibly there will be heavy public turnout for doing and watching paragliding at our tourism spots in Kerala. Nevertheless, if it is performed with mundu the fifty percent reservation group of India would naturally avoid watching the event. Does anyone need to make Wagamon, the most suited paragliding spot, a Sabarimala, where the beautiful set has no entry?


K A Solaman

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alappuzha, Kerala, India
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive