Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 12, 2013

Malala speak



Malala Yousafzai’s speech to the United Nations on her first public appearance since being shot by the Taliban is a powerful one. Her comment that books and pens are to be used as weapons, is an advice to the younger generation of her community and others. She said, 'I want education for the sons and daughters of the Taliban and all the terrorists and extremists. I do not even hate the Taliban who shot me. Even if there is a gun in my hand and he stands in front of me I would not shoot him.' These are truly the words of a world citizen relishing peace.

She also stressed the need for education and it is a message to some Indian communal fanatics who advocate marriage at 16 for girls. She is surely a deserving candidate for Nobel Peace Prize.

K A Solaman 
The Deccan Chronicle published 15-7-13

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alappuzha, Kerala, India
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive