Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

For me this Christmas

For me this Christmas like the previous ones is very significant. Though it is an occasion for many to spend cheerfully the time with family and friends, most imperative of all is celebrating the birth of Christ and for me predominantly it is an occasion of noble memoirs. It is in this occasion my mother brought me new clothes when I was a kid. It is the occasion when my mother prepared the tastiest food in a year. It is the occasion for me to not recall those ghastly feelings I might have about someone. I love Christmas not just for getting presents butfor other things too.

I teach my children about the factual gist of Christmas. It is very cheerful for me to see my kids decorating the inside of the house and putting up a Christmas tree. Christmas is not a celebration of free enterprise as many think. It is not an occasion to spend all the money for Grand Kerala Shopping Festival. It is a fiesta of elation for all counting those who live in cattle sheds. It is not the time to play that my good behaviour for the day will carry over to the rest of the year. Christmas is the juncture for tranquility and love. It is the day of tribute to the great teacher who enlightened me with greatest motto: “Forgive and be kind”
Christmas is a time to thank the lord for everything he has done, to keep me on my feet.

Christmas is the occurrence that brings out the very best in me. I am kinder, believe so, more obliging, more caring, and more uncomplaining. I believe Christmas is the way to keep my mind sparking with love, delight, calm, and hope.

K A Solaman

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alappuzha, Kerala, India
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive