Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Anti-green campaign

I fully agree with Kerala Forest Minister Binoy Viswom that planting of trees will help check the adverse impacts of climatic change and I support the government initiative for green campaign aimed at spreading the message of environment protection. Nevertheless a poignant matter I would bring to the notice of the Minister is that two days back a few men with heavy knives in their hands carved the sides of hundreds of trees at Cherthala-Alappuzha part of NH 47 and numbered. Seemingly these trees are destined to be cut in the immediate future. Let me then kindly know what action has been taken by the Forest Department as a substitution for this anti-green cruelty. Wouldn’t the trees on the roadside consume carbon dioxide?

In my opinion these tree cutters should be asked to plant an equal number of trees before they put knife on these green trees having life. Why can’t the Forest department accept a selective cutting for road development?

K A Solaman

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alappuzha, Kerala, India
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive